Core Curricular Standards
- Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the work says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the work.
- Develop factual, interpretive, and evaluative questions for further exploration of the topic.
- Write arguments to support claims in analysis of substantive topics or texts using valid reasoning and relative and sufficient evidence.
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose and audience.
NYC Theatre Blueprint Standards
- Analyze, critique, and review performance from a range of styles and genres in live venues, film, and video by identifying production and dramatic elements.
- Students integrate an understanding of dramatic text in their responses to live performance.
- Students work in groups and independently as designers, applying a multi-faceted understanding of design concepts and processes.
- Respond to, incorporate, and give directions in a respectful manner and engage in regular effective communication.